Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ribbon Girl challenge - pink and ivory/Moxie Fab window card challenge

Over at the Ribbon Girl blog, their challenge is ivory and pink and Moxie Fab has a window card challenge.  I decided to combine the two and make a hot pink card with some ivory and a window to boot!
I took a piece of Cosmo Cricket's DeLovely paper from a 6 x 6 pad I won from the lovely and talented Aga a while back and used that to cover my cream card base front.  I cut out an Angled Labels die window and then made a frame with two of the dies together.
I added some acetate and stamped the sentiment from Studio Calico's Oh Snap stamp set from  in StazOn Jet Black.  This is the best ink to use on acetate because it doesn't smear.  I am a little OCD about my clear stamps so I quickly used some StazOn stamp cleaner so my stamp is clear again ... I like being able to see through my stamps completely! :)

Next, I stamped the Studio Calico grid pattern background stamp underneath on the inner part of the card using Fresh ink in Sugar.  This adds a little extra interest through the window.

Have you made any window cards lately?  Do you like to add acetate or just leave them open?

Supplies:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket DeLovely 6 x 6 pad, Staples 110lb cream
Stamps: Studio Calico grid pattern background stamp, Studio Calico's Oh Snap
Ink: Fresh Sugar,  StazOn Jet Black, PTI Angled Labels dies, acetate
 

2 comments:

Andrea said...

This is clever! Thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Cara! Thanks for linking this up to the Make a Card with a Window Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)