Saturday, January 19, 2013

Make It Monday #100: How to Package Cards with Oversized Embellishments #1

This week over at Papertrey Ink, they are challenging us to create a solution for packaging oversized cards.  Here is the video Dawn McVey made with a few wonderful solutions:

For my first card, I thought I would take out my Bloom Builders dies.  Ever since buying the metal shim, they have been a breeze to cut.  I used Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores and Ocean Tides plus a Studio Calico opaque gem.  Such great sparkle! 

I went into my stash and found some Turning a New Leaf die cuts already stamped with Versamark.  I keep extras in the cd sleeves with the dies and these always come in handy.

The sentiment is a combo of Outline Alphabet and Mega Mixed messages which I did in a repeat row with some higher and some lower.
I adhered the layers of the flower together using Tombo Mono Multi glue - so easy with the little nozzle.  For added levels, I used one layer of foam dots for the leaves and two for the flower.
I made an oversized envelope with waxed paper (a do it yourself version of glassine) and my trusty Martha Stewart scoring board.  I found that the snail adhesive doesn't adhere to waxed paper so used my two way glue pen instead.  Completely invisible when it dries.
I will adhere some washi tape to the back to close the envelope and that's it!  I will definitely be using waxed paper again.

I love A Passion for Papertrey and they have a new challenge over at their blog for thank you cards.  So I am also entering it in their challenge too!

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Ocean Tides, New Leaf, American Crafts textured cardstock
Ink: Versamark, Memento Nautical Blue, Espresso Truffle
Stamps: PTI Outline Alphabet, Mega Mixed Messages, Turning a New Leaf
Misc: waxed paper, MS Scoring board with envelope tool, PTI Bloom Builders #3 die, foam dots, Tombo Mono Multi glue, MStewart two way glue pen, Studio Calico opaque gem

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your flower!
What a great combo of colors.

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful colors in the flower! Very clever to use the alpha stamps for the sentiment, too. : ) Great job on both challenges.