Thursday, January 24, 2013

Make It Monday #101: Layered Embossing - thank you so much

Layered embossing is a lot of fun, as I have recently discovered.  Over at Papertrey Ink, they have a great video explaining this technique:
I set out to do some layered embossing on a Mat Stack 1 die cut.  I used one of the ornate frames from Pretty Peonies and embossed using Zing Brown Sugar embossing powder and some Versamark ink.  I layered this with a sentiment (Think Big) with Versamark and  Zing Aqua embossing powder.
I stamped the Mat Stack outline in Versamark ink and left it as is (no embossing).  I swiped some Vintage Tea dye duo ink to the edges and added it to the card base with foam dots.  The card base was a simple Rustic Cream piece embossed with the Quatrefoil cover plate. 
 When it is used to emboss rather than cut, it adds an almost quilted look:
A fun little card for a thank you is always useful, right?  And those enlarged sentiments are so nice and graphic - I'm going to miss that series.

Oh, and I was recently told about another embossing challenge so I will enter this card there as well.  Check it out here at the fabulous blog  Addicted to CAS- Embossing.

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Kraft
Stamps: PTI Mat Stack 1 Collection, Pretty Peonies, Think Big
Ink: Versamark; PTI Vintage tea dye duo
Misc:  Zing embossing powder - aqua, brown sugar; foam dots; PTI Mat Stack 1


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, love your card and the great techniques such pretty colours too, just perfect for our challenge at Addicted to CAS, thanks so much for joining us this time and do hope to see you again

Marie

Patrice said...

Fabulously embossed! Love these Think Big sentiments. Thanks so much for joining the challenge at ATCAS this fortnight.