Saturday, January 19, 2013

Make It Monday #100: How to Package Cards with Oversized Embellishments #4

This week over at Papertrey Ink, they are challenging us to create a solution for packaging oversized cards.  Here is the video Dawn McVey made with a few wonderful solutions:
I had quite a few cards to make so used this challenge to get me motivated.  Here is my next creation:
I had a few baby cards to make for colleagues - I am a part of the Sunshine Fund at work where we give cards (and sometimes gifts) to celebrate life's best moments and help people out during the bad times.  I had two sympathy cards to do last week but this weekend called for some baby cards to make - much more uplifting, right?
Inside I stamped "Sweet Baby" from Mega Mixed Messages but forgot to photograph it - oops!

I embossed the diamond coverplate on Kraft card stock and then added an Enchanted Evening Pretty Peonies label and 'happy' from the same die collection.  Each one was popped up on another layer of foam dots so the card ends up being quite thick.
I used an oversized envelope that I stamped with Modern Wood Mats and then notched a hole and added some twine and a baby charm.

Hope they like the card! :)

Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white, PTI kraft, enchanted evening, spring moss
Ink: Hero Arts wet cement
Misc: PTI Diamond coverplate, Pretty Peonies dies, foam dots, baby charm, baker's twine

No comments: