Thursday, May 3, 2012

Inspired by Pinterest - Gayatri's Challenge


The super talented Gayatri Murali has a new Inspired by Pinterest challenge on her blog and I decided to play along.  I made cards for two of her other challenges but can't seem to find them to photograph ... : ( Sorry, Gayatri!! 
I found a sketch of a camera online to use as my digital image.  Check our her site with the cutest mouse pointer in the shape of a moustache!!.  I copied the image and made it into a digital paper in Word by resizing it and changing the contrast and brightness on every second camera.  I then printed it onto card stock to use for my card.
 I swiped Distress Ink's Antique Linen ink over the white card stock to change the background colour.  I then adhered it to a rustic cream card base.  I cut out Alphabet Block letters in rustic cream and painstakingly adhered them with foam dots.  All done!
I loved the image so much I made one more card with a larger printed version.  A little fussy cutting of the camera with some good snips made simple work of this!  I stamped Say Cheese with Paper Smooches' Alpha Dots stamps.  I can't get enough alpha stamps - they are so perfect for creating your own cusomized sentiments.  Great for stamping names too!
 I used my new Wplus9 chevron impression plate over top after stamping the sentiment and adhered the Hawaiian Shores card front onto a white card base.  I then stuck the camera image that I had cut out with some foam dots to the front.  Some Glossy Accents on top to add a little shine and voilĂ !
 Thanks for inspiring me to create, Gayatri.  Your cards are always so gorgeous. <3

Supplies:
Oh snap!
Paper: Staples 110lb white, PTI Rustic Cream
Stamps: digital image from here
Misc: PTI Alpha Block dies, foam dots

Say Cheese
Paper: Staples 110lb white, PTI Hawaiian Shores
Stamps: Paper Smooches Alpha Dots, digital image from here
Misc: foam dots, Glossy Accents, Wplus9 Chevron Impression Plate

2 comments:

Gayatri said...

OMG! Cara! these are beautiful cards. I love that repetitive camera pattern on the background. Do you know that repetitive pattern is the current trend? PC blog had it on them yesterday? I think.
Any I also love the second card with the chevron background. Thanks so much for playing along. I did not add linky because I did have nay link for past three challenges. I will add them today and add your blog to it too :)

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, Cara, you are so creative! I love how you used the digital image of the camera-- very cool cards!