Saturday, April 28, 2012

With sympathy and Hello Friend

with sympathy

My friend is going through a tough time ... she lost her dog last week and this week her cat passed away ... : - ( So I wanted to make her a second card to show her my love.  I made a simple card with my new favourite embossing folder - Craft Concepts' hexagons.  Love this!!  Thanks again, Gayatri, for the kind gift.
I stamped the outlined peony from Pretty Peonies in Vintage Cream ink before embossing but it is really hard to see.  I used the 'with sympathy' sentiment from Peaceful Garden - I just love the font used in this set.
I used Pear Fresh ink to stamp the outline peony around the outside of the card base before popping the spring moss embossed layer up with foam dots.  A super simple card with 'may peace fill your soul this day' stamped on the inside.  Oh, and I swiped some Vintage Cream ink around the outside of the Spring Moss panel.

My next card is for a dear friend and I went a little crazy with the Glossy Accents as you can see by the milky areas.  Ah, well ... I decided to embrace the imperfection!
hello friend
I used my Hero Arts Studio Calico lattice background stamp with white ink (Colorbox Frost White) and then stamped the Think Big sentiment over top with black ink (Memento Tuxedo Black).
hello friend side view

I cut out the hearts with my Wplus9 Hearts and Clouds dies and then filled in the space with Glossy Accents after I backed the negative space with some polka paper from my stash.  I think this was from a Making Memories wedding paper pad.

Supplies:
With Sympathy
Paper: Staples 110lb white, PTI Spring Moss
Stamps: Pretty Peonies, Peaceful Garden
Ink: PTI Vintage Cream, Fresh Pear
Misc: Craft Concepts hexagon embossing folder, foam dots

Hello Friend
Paper: Staples 110lb white, Gina K grass green, Making Memories wedding paper pad
Stamps: PTI Think Big, Hero Arts Studio Calico lattice background stamp
Ink: Colorbox Frost White, Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc:  Glossy Accents, Wplus9 Hearts and Clouds dies

No comments: