Saturday, May 26, 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge #12

Thought I would try my hand at the latest Runway Inspired Challenge using this picture as the jumping off point:
The blue and orange are not colours I would usually use together but they look really cool so I thought I would try ...

Here's my first attempt ....
For this card, I used my one of my favourite sets, Pretty Peonies with my new Fresh Inks.  Love how they look on kraft card stock. I went to town with the blue and orange ....
I stamped one outline in black as well as the sentiment and then layered solid peonies over top in the two colours (sky blue and mango).  I went back in with harvest ink over top of the outlined peony.
Simple and easily mailable since it is completely flat ... always good to have some of those ready to mail! :)

Ok, card number two, here we come!
I can't get enough of these hexagons!!  I stamped the strip in provincial gray ink and then layered some Rosie Posie die cuts.  I stamped them in Distress Inks and then used an aqua pen to layer on darker colour.  The great thing about Distress Inks is how they react with water but keep their true colour.  Really fun to play with!
I was impatient and didn't let the Glossy Accents dry so it is not yet perfectly clear, but on the two little flowers, I covered them completely with GA to give them a shiny finish.
For the sentiment, I stapmed it once with mango ink and once with sky blue, continuing with the colour theme of orange and blue.
Great to stretch my card making muscles and try making something a little different!  As you can see in the close up, I layered the die cuts in various heights using one or two foam dots on top of each other.  This adds a little extra visual interest.

edited to add: It turns out that we were only allowed to upload until Friday so I missed the deadline ... oh well! :)

Supplies:
Enjoy the moment
Paper: PTI kraft
Stamps: PTI Pretty Peonies
Ink: Fresh mango, sky blue, harvest; Memento tuxedo black
Misc: WRMK corner chomper







Congrats
Paper: Staples 110lb
Stamps: PTI Rosie Posie, Think Big (sentiment)
Ink: Fresh mango, sky blue, provincial gray; Distress Ink dusty concord, broken china, spiced marmalade, fired brick weathered wood
Misc: PTI Rosie Posie dies, foam dots, aqua pen


2 comments:

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hi Cara! I'm so glad you still shared your cards with us- I love them! I really adore that hexagon background on the second card :)

Jen Adcock said...

Um, in a word...Wow! These are such gorgeous cards. I love the delicate overstamping. It is nothing short of genius! Sorry about the deadline, but these are so magnificent, I for one am so pleased to have seen them. Again, wow!