Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Embellish Bicycle Colour Trends Challenge

I saw this great challenge over at the Embellish (online) magazine and thought I'd use it as a jumping off point.  Here's what I came up with:
Although I love bicycle images, it turns out I only have one bicycle image in my stash from Papertrey's Everyday Button Bits.  I thought I'd find a vintage looking digital image online and try an inking technique over top ...  I printed it in a grey tone so it is not so stark against the ink.
I loaded my indestructible craft sheet with Distress Inks in rows of colour, spritzed with Perfect Pearls and Studio Calico shine mist and then smooshed my background stamp into the inky mess.  It gives a sort of watercoloured muted tone to the inks. 
You can't really see the shine in the picture but it's there, promise!

And card #2 ....
For this one I used some more of the ink that I had left over to stamp another background with my Hero Arts Classic Fabric cling stamp:
This is such a simple technique but I am definitely going to try it again.  Since I wanted four colours descending down my card, I just used the edge of my Distress Ink to put colour on my craft mat rather than the whole square.  That way, I was able to squeeze all four colours in. 
Some buttons and a sentiment and that's it!

I had lots of ink left on my craft sheet so stamped another three backgrounds and even spritzed some more to ink up some sticky back canvas I got on clearance!  You will probably see those inky backgrounds in some upcoming posts .... :P

Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white, Gina K asparagus
Stamps: PTI Everyday Button Bits (sentiment), Hero Arts Alphabet pattern cling stamp
Ink: Distress Ink (dusty concord, spiced marmalade, broken china, peeled paint); Jenni Bowlin fountain pen
Misc: craft sheet, Studio Calico shine mist, online free vintage bicycle image





Paper: Staples 110lb white, Gina K asparagus
Stamps: PTI Everyday Button Bits, Hero Arts Classic Fabric cling stamp
Ink: Distress Ink (dusty concord, spiced marmalade, broken china, peeled paint); Jenni Bowlin fountain pen
Misc: craft sheet, Studio Calico shine mist, PTI buttons, rustic jute button twine

No comments: