Thursday, February 9, 2012

Papertrey Anniversary - Pinterest Challenge: Blue + green + grey

Well, another day and another challenge!  I took my inspiration from this pin of some fabric in shades of blue, green and grey - love this combo!  It's some gorgeous Amy Butler fabric:
I knew I had the perfect products to use with these colours ... So, I decided to try out some Distress Stains from Tim Holtz with my clear stamps.  They are on sale now at Two Peas and I was so excited to pick some of these up!

I found I got the best coverage if I inked the stamps with Versamark and then dabbed the stain on.  I like the uneven pale watercolour like image that I got.  Unfortunately it was hard to capture a good picture of it with the lighting ... or lack of it!  I tried my best ...
 This is darker but perhaps easier to see the stamping ...
Supplies:
Paper: Staples 90lb grey
Stamps: PTI Rosie Posie, Text Style, Happy Day (sentiment)
Ink: Distress Stains Broken China and Crushed Olive, Jenni Bowlin weather vane (grey)

No comments: