Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Papertrey Anniversary Colour Combo - hello


Ok, so for my second colour combo I chose colours I usually wouldn't put together or use.  Here is the colour combo from Melissa Phililps:

I took some autumn rose felt and cut out a flower with Beautiful Blooms, used the new Rosie Posie dies to cut leaves and then added a raspberry fizz button with cream jute twine.  I cut out the letters in raspberry fizz and hibiscus burst (thank goodness I have the paper sampler pack!).
I mounted all of this onto a vintage cream card base that I stamped with the Newspaper Basics background set in Jenni Bowlin malted milk ink.  Subtle but fun!  The most time consuming part of this card was cutting the foam dots into little slivers that would hide behind the alpha die cuts!
I quite like the hot pink and green combo!

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst
Stamps: PTI BB: Newspaper
Ink: Jenni Bowlin malted milk
Misc: PTI dies: Rosie Posie (leaves), Alpha, Beautiful Blooms, Raspberry Fizz button, Cream jute button twine, foam dots

No comments: