Sunday, February 5, 2012

Papertrey Anniversary blog hop - hexagonal fun!

 So I am loving the new Rosie Posie set of stamps from Papertrey.  They are gorgeous flowers but three background building hexagon stamps.  What fun!  I used a Jenni Bowlin paint dauber in speckled egg turquoise and stamped a repeating pattern of hexagons on a dark chocolate cardstock.  I then used another fave - my woodgrain impression plate, also from PTI to impress the layer.

I added an Enchanted Evening die cut of the Happy Day set with an anniversary sentiment ... I swiped it with some Frost White Colorbox ink and then sprayed it heavily with Tattered Angels glimmer mist.  All done with a few foam dots to pop up the label and then the whole thing mounted on a white card base.

This card is inspired by the phenomenal Nichole Heady who manages to make all her stamping look effortless and so professional.  Although this will never be me, I have learned from her on creating backgrounds and tried out a simple hexagonal background on this card.

Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white, Gina K chocolate, PTI Enchanted Evening
Stamps: PTI Rosie Posie, Happy Day
Ink:  Jenni Bowlin paint dauber, Colorbox Frost White
Misc: Tattered Angels glimmer mist, PTI woodgrain impression plate, foam dots

1 comment:

Kristii said...

What a fabulous card!! I love all the texture and the woodgrain embossing is my favorite!!