Sunday, November 16, 2014

PTI Make it Monday #188: Ombre Backgrounds - happy

This week, over at Papertrey Ink, the Make it Monday technique is Ombre Stamped Backgrounds. The fabulously talented Laura Bassen (whose videos I love!) showed us a gorgeous creation.  I was inspired to make some cards of my own.  

I took the Ombre Background set and stamped a bunch of colours from Fresh Ink (Sugar, Red Currant, Fuschia, Pear, Tuscan Olive, Blue Sage, Steel Blue, Fresh Lavender).  
I took the panel and die cut 'happy' using one of my beloved Wet Paint dies.  I painstakingly added the little dots back in and then popped the panel up onto a linen card base.
Lots and lots of foam tape ... always a good thing so there are no saggy droopy portions of the panel, right?!
 Love stamping ombre - thanks for the reminder, Laura! :)
 And a closeup of the panel with the blended shades ...

1 comment:

Kathy Mc said...

Another awesome card! I do "need" that Ombre Builders set.