Thursday, April 25, 2013

PTI April Blog Hop: Tilted - hello

Blog-hop-logo

The-Challenge
Blog-hop-inspiration
PHOTO CREDITS  ::: cherry logo ::: butterfly ::: aa ::: fancy ::: take two ::: blessed ::: nichole's hello card ::: melissa's star card ::: maile's striped card:::
From PTI's website: It only takes a little *something* to take a project from ho-hum to amazing!  Even something as small as tilting your images or sentiments at an angle can have a huge impact.  This month we are challenging you to create a project that features something tilted.  Position a frame at an angle, tilt your text, add a background strip diagonally, create a border that has an incline, slant a sentiment block, the sky is truly the limit!  We look forward to seeing your projects later this month!

Well, this is something out of my norm but I welcomed the challenge!  Here's a simple card I created and I highly recommend clicking on the picture to get a close up view of the effect:
I decided to do some selective die cutting on an angle with the Hello Wonderful Words die.  I drew a line with a ruler (ok, I'll be honest - I couldn't find my ruler so I used a cutting plate instead! :P Whatever works, right?!!)  I then used some washi tape to hold the die in place and cut only up to the line. I then used an X-Acto knife to cut the rest of the line and the little holes.  Super simple but a cool design.
I was going to stamp the kraft background or impress it but decided to keep the card stamp free (gasp, I know!) and impress the Enchanted Evening panel with the Mehndi Medallion design.  This design is close to my heart - long ago I suggested a mehndi inspired line of stamps and an impression plate.  I was so excited when they actually created it!  Such gorgeous intricate designs!!

I was going to mount the front panel on foam but decided to keep it flat and flush instead.  So, have you tried tilting any of your designs?  Is the blog hop the little push you need?

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Kraft, Enchanted Evening
Misc: PTI Wonderful Words: Hello die, Mehndi Medallion impression plate, X-Acto knife
Wow, this might be the shortest supply list I have ever written! :-)

10 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This looks fabulous, Cara!

Nancy Penir said...

So glad I blew this up, really appreciated the stamping and all the work die cutting it right. Beautiful!

Rachelle said...

Love the selective die cutting!! The combo with the mehndi impression plate is perfect!

Kristii said...

Love how you die cut the sentiment! Fabulous!

Sonya said...

This card is pretty amazing. Go on with your creative self!

Jacquie Southas said...

I'm addicted to partial die cutting right now - love the Mehndi IP - fabulous card!

bjmartin said...

I'll have to try that selective die cutting - it looks awesome!

Kim Heggins said...

This is amazing and I love your embossing...just fabulous.

Jill Norwood said...

Love the angled die cutting! So glad you suggested the Mehndi stamps and impression plate! Love them!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

No stamps?!

This looks awesome!! I love the idea, and it turned out so great - I would definitely mess this up, NO doubt!