Tuesday, April 30, 2013

His and Hers online class: Day Two - wishing you a happy birthday

Here is my masculine version of Shari Carroll's birthday card.  I grabbed Studio Calico's Take Note 6x6 pad which has some beautiful designs in it.  The scale is just perfect for cards and the colours gorgeous!
I cut off a strip from the front panel and covered the inner strip with patterned paper and a chocolate strip as well.
The sentiment is from PTI's Mat Stack 1 - I love the simple font of this one!  I also added some arrows cut out from Basic Grey's Kraft Basics 6x6 pad but I did darken them a bit with some PTI Tea Dye duo.
Here's a side view of the card - now that I see it up close, I should've mounted the largest arrow with a bit more overhang ... ah, well! :-)

Supplies:
Paper: Studio Calico Take Note 6x6 pad, Staples 110lb white, Basic Grey Kraft Basics
Ink: Fresh chocolate ink
Stamps: PTI Mat Stack 1 Collection

No comments: