Tuesday, April 30, 2013

His and Hers online class: Day Two - make a wish

For this card, I took inspiration from Jennifer McGuire's stamping technique with white ink and die inks.  What great ideas she has!
 I took a petal stamp from Maile's Modern Basics set and layered Vintage Cream (PTI) with Hero Arts mid tone inks.
For the mid tone inks, I used red royal, charcoal, cup o' joe, wet cement and tide pool.  I layered the smaller petals in die inks and then smallest polka dots in Vintage Cream.
I added the sentiment using Fresh ink in chocolate and then added platinum Liquid Pearls for a little bling.
I really like the idea for this card and will be trying it again - the look of white and light inks always looks so cool on dark card stock!  And the layering reminds me of velveteen stamping which I have always loved.  I tried it here and here ...

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Kraft
Ink: Hero Arts mid tone inks - tide pool, red royal, cup o' joe, wet cement; PTI Vintage Cream; Fresh chocolate
Stamps: PTI Modern Basics, Think Big
Misc: Platinum Liquid Pearls 

7 comments:

Farley said...

Cara this card is sensational. Really like the stamp you used for the center.

Thanks for your comment on mine:)

JolieS. said...

Wow! Great job on the card.. I love your choice of color and stamping pattern. =)

Barb Ghig said...

Very pretty card! It really stood out in the OCC gallery...Love the color palette and your choice of stamps!

Susan Block said...

Lovely card! I love the colors and they are brilliant on Kraft! Wonderful!

Heidi H said...

This is so elegant!! Love.

Marianne said...

Love your take on Jennifer's card. I'm hoping to create a few cards for class tomorrow.

StephH said...

This is beautiful Cara. So simple to do, yet such impact. I also just love this technique, especially for the masculine card. You have been a very busy stamper! I am still trying to catch up on homework. It his class has been so inspiring, I want to try EVERYTHING! Thanks for the comment on my blog :)