Sunday, March 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink - Make it Monday - graduated backgrounds

Another week, another Make it Monday technique to be learned from Papertrey Ink.  This week was graduated backgrounds.  I don't have copics or reinkers - gasp, I know!  So I used Derkwent Inktense watercolour pencils and some of my homemade Perfect Pearls shimmery mist to mix the colours.  This added a shimmer to the graduated background.  Yum!  I took a piece of Strathmore watercolour paper and went to town.  I am also entering these cards into the CYDI Over the Rainbow challenge, CropStop's Rainbow of Colors challenge and Paper Crafts rainbow challenge, .

Here are my creations:
 A little rock and roll technique on the butterflies.  Those Jenni Bowlin inks work great with this technique!

Next card uses my new Hero Arts Studio Calico grid pattern background stamp.  Love those backgrounds!!  This one is subtle but beautiful:
Isn't it gorgeous??  I used it as the background with a light green ink from Jenni Bowlin.  I layered a die cut from the watercoloured sheet and adhered it with Tombo Mono Multi glue.  This stuff works so well with intricate die cuts because of its fine nozzle.  Pick some up if you haven't got it yet - I promise you won't regret it!
 Selectively inking the 'Easter' portion of the sentiment completes this simple card.

I used a marker to make it seem like the sentiment was stamped OVER the die cut and make it look a bit more cohesive.
***
Ok, next card ... more watercoloured paper to use up! :)  I took a Happy Days die cut from the paper and then stamped it with a sentiment from Everyday Button Bits.
I used some foam dots and then impressed the green cardstock with the Quatrefoil cover plate.  It looks so good embossed!

Unfortunately, even the close up does not show the shimmer ... but trust me, it;s there! :)


Supplies:
You color my world
Paper: Staples 110lb white, Strathmore watercolour paper
Stamps: PTI Happy Trails
Ink: Jenni Bowlin ink
Misc: PTI heart border die, Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils, Perfect Pearls perfect pearl powder mixed with water in mini mister, paintbrush



Happy Easter
Paper: Strathmore watercolour paper, Staples 110lb white
Stamps: PTI Mega Mixed Messages (Easter - selectively inked), Hero Arts Studio Calico grid pattern
Inks: Jenni Bowlin ink
Misc: PTI Wonderful Words die, Tombo Mono Multi glue, Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils, Perfect Pearls perfect pearl powder mixed with water in mini mister, paintbrush


Hey there, chickadee
Paper:  Staples 110lb white, Strathmore watercolour paper, Gina K green
Stamps:  PTI Everyday Button Bits
Ink: Jenni Bowlin ink
Misc:  foam dots, Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils, Perfect Pearls perfect pearl powder mixed with water in mini mister, paintbrush

2 comments:

Can You Digi It? said...

So fun!!! Love ALL of those cards! Thanks for adding these fabulous cards to the CYDI? gallery!

Karen C. said...

All of your cards are filled with rainbow splashes of colour! Love the hearts border. Thanks for the inspiration!