Thursday, August 25, 2011

Papertrey Blog Hop - August 2011 - miss you

Well, I finally got to try out the fabulous Mehndi Medallions set.  This little $5 set packs quite a bit of punch!  I used the smaller stamps in the background in Versamark and used clear embossing on the smallest medallions.  I had originally stamped the larger ones in latte coloured shadow ink from Hero Arts, but after heat embossing the smaller images, the shadow inked images disappeared so I went over them with Versamark again.  I then used the 2 1/2" Limitless Layers' die and popped the die cut up on foam dots to add dimension.
To add the pop of red, I used the die to cut a piece of Pure Poppy cardstock that I stamped with the largest medallion in Chili Powder ink from Jenni Bowlin and then on top of that the 'miss' from Wonderful Words additions in Fountain Pen ink (also Jenni Bowlin).  The 'you' is die cut with Wonderful Words and adhered with Tombo Mono Multi adhesive.  A little natural jute twine and voilà!

Supplies:
Paper: PTI kraft, pure poppy
Stamps: PTI Mehndi Medallions, Wonderful Words Additions
Ink: Versamark, Jenni Bowlin chili powder and fountain pen
Misc: PTI Wonderful Words, 2 1/2" Limitless Layers, natural jute twine, clear embossing powder,
foam dots, Tombo Mono Multi adhesive
  

1 comment:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Nice, Cara! I love the red and kraft together (always a classic combo!), and I love your stamped background! :)