Thursday, August 25, 2011

Papertrey Blog Hop - August 2011 - Merry Christmas


So, PTI's blog hop this month is using a photo for inspiration.  Here it is:

I have been trying to make holiday cards ahead of time so that I won't be scrambling at the last minute.  When I saw this month's inspiration image for the blog hop, I thought that the red and kraft combo of colours would make for a good holiday card!

I recently acquired the set Embellishments secondhand with the dies (yay!!) and thought I would use it.  I stamped the background with Jenni Bowlin's chili powder (love how red and deep this colour is) and then stamped the diecut with latte shadow ink overlaid with Mega Mixed Messages' sentiment in Jenni Bowlin's fountain pen.  A little cream coloured jute twine and that's it.
Supplies:
Paper: PTI kraft, Staples 110lb cream
Stamps: PTI Embellishments, Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: Jenni Bowlin chili powder and fountain pen, Hero Arts latte shadow ink
Misc: PTI Embellishments die, cream jute twine

6 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I have had my eye on this one for awhile - I love how you created your background with it :)

Linda Suarez said...

Lovely! I need to give my set some love!

jen said...

this is so pretty! love that set & love that you created a holiday card with this inspiration! (and that jbs red is gorgeous!)

Marlene Lo said...

this is so simple - AND SO NICE!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is lovely, Cara! I love the stamped background!

Anonymous said...

brinkka2011 says: Remarkably! Thanks!