Sunday, July 24, 2016

SAF 2016: Watercolour like a Master

The uber talented Kay Miller did a fabulous video on how to stamp and watercolour.  She made it look so easy ... I had quite a time with this one but just went with it and decided to post my rather un-masterful creation!!
I cut a panel of Strathmore 300 series cold press paper for my watercolouring.  I grabbed one of my favourite sets - Natural Beauties and stamped it using yellows and oranges from Studio Calico dye inks.  I added some smaller flowers in pinks and then leaves in a mint colour.
I used my aqua brush to move the colour around and heat set it several times between layers.  I then added the detail stamp using Versafine Smokey Gray ink.  I splattered some Heidi Swapp Gold Shine Spritz all over and misted the panel as well.
I added a Fillable Frames sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black and foam mounted the panel onto a piece of woodgrain card stock in white.  Lots and lots of foam tape to flatten the watercolour paper down!!

Even though I am not loving this card, I decided to post it anyways ... maybe I will try my hand at this technique again tomorrow ... we'll see if I have time.


Have you ever used woodgrain card stock?  It is beautiful and the texture is sooo nice!!  I bought and split two packs (the dark chocolate and white) with a friend.  I bought it here at LCI Paper.  I am thinking of getting the grey next ...

Check out my sale of stamps and dies here:
http://cardsbycara.blogspot.ca/2016/05/stamp-set-sale.html

No comments: