Saturday, July 23, 2016

SAF 2016: Starry Night

Stamp-A-Faire is off to a great start with the Starry Night challenge with Amy Sheffer's tutorial.  Wow, what an amazing card she created! I had a lot of issues creating the trees but just went with it ...
I sponged Fresh Ink in the following colours all over a piece of Strathmore 300 series cold press watercolour paper: Tuscan Olive, Sugar Plum, Navy, Turquoise, and Blue Sage.  I spritzed with a mini mister and moved the colours about, adding some more of the deeper hues.
I used some cheap watercolours from Michaels and my trusty aqua brush to paint the horizon .  I had a lot of difficulty with the trees and a sponge so had to make the area bigger to cover my mistakes! I am still not in love with the trees I created but I did my best.
I flicked some Studio Calico opaque white and Distress Ink dauber in pewter.
I added a die cut from Scripted cut in Staples grey and shimmered with my Wink of Stella clear pen.  I tried to make a thread nest but to no avail so I just added some star and silver sequins gifted to me by a kind forum friend.  I added a foam panel behind the watercolour piece and mounted it to a 110lb Recollections card base.

Check out my sale of stamps and dies here:
http://cardsbycara.blogspot.ca/2016/05/stamp-set-sale.html

2 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful starry night sky! I think the trees look just fine! Great job with the challenge! Thanks for playing!

kelly_loves_paper said...

Cara, you did an amazing job of the starry sky! Wow! So glad the sequins arrived on time.