Saturday, July 23, 2016

SAF 2016: Gilded in Gold

Danielle Flanders knocked it out of the park on this one - loved this challenge!  I took out my gold paint since my gold leaf hasn't arrived yet and went to town.
 I cut four stitched tags out of kraft card stock and masked off an edge.  I then used a makeup sponge and the gold craft paint and painted a stripe on each.  I let them dry and then added Versafine Onyx Black stamped sentiments from Mini Blooms and Wet Paint.  I added another die cut for stability and glued the two together before punching a hole in each.
This gold paint gives some great sheen and I can't wait to use these tags!
For my next project, I took a die cut frame from the Don't Forget to Write kit and used a piece of thick perfume packaging.  I added gold to the edges and let it dry.
I cut a circle from dotted vellum and a Swoosh thanks that I also painted in gold.  I also used a Leave it Be leaf die cut in Staples grey that I stamped with Graceful Garden's thank you using Fresh ink in Tuscan Olive,  I layered these when everything was dry and adhered them using Tombo Mono Aqua.
I put lots of foam tape behind the frame and adhered it to a scalloped card base in Enchanted Evening cut from one of the Don't Forget to Write dies.

You can see in one of the pictures above I also painted an A2 kraft envelope to use for another project.  I loved using the gold paint and will definitely be coming back to this!

Check out my sale of stamps and dies here:

3 comments:

Imke said...

Great Little tags and take on the Glided Gold Challenge !

Imke ~ My Crafty Place

Art By Lakisha said...

Very cute tags and card. I just love the touch of gold

Art By Lakisha said...

Very cute tags and card. I just love the touch of gold