Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Papertrey February 2015 blog hop - hello

This month's blog hop is all about the smooshing technique ... what fun!
In the past, I have used cheap watercolour paper and my pieces would always fall apart or the paper would start to ball up if I used too much water.  I invested in some thicker papers on discount and am so glad - what a difference it has made!
I used the gorgeous PTI background stamp (Venice) with some clear Zing embossing powder and Versamark powder.  I heat embossed and then added a variety of my new Avery Elle inks (see my swatch post here) and some Studio Calico shine spray onto my work surface.  I smooshed the heat embossed Strathmore watercolour paper into the mixture and held my breath.
The Studio Calico shine spray adds a nice extra sparkle to this simple card ... I couldn't quite get a very good picture but I tried ... it's late here and no natural sunlight!  What's new, right?!

I added a 'hello' die cut into the panel, popped the piece up with foam tape and added in the piece from the 'e' and 'o' to complete the card.  The Tropical Teal cardstock base adds a darker colour to the card.  

So how did you like the smooshing technique?  Please share your tips here!

I have some items for sale - check out my post here:

7 comments:

Tracy said...

decent paper does make a difference doesnt it? i love the BB:Venice set too - looks lovely here with the hello die.

Kristii said...

Love the smoosh technique you used!! It turned out beautifully and the die cut sentiment makes your card spectacular!!

StephH said...

Such a pretty background Cara! That Venice background really popeds after your watercolor. You did a fab job with the AE inks. I love those inks too, though I've never tried smooshing with them. But will now!

StephH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
StephH said...

Such a pretty background Cara! That Venice background really popped after your watercolor. You did a fab job with the AE inks. I love those inks too, though I've never tried smooshing with them. But will now!

Karen C. said...

I love you water colouring over an embossed background. It creates such a soft and pretty look.

Leigh Penner said...

I love how you diecut the word from the stamped/inked panel! Beautiful take on the inspiration photo!