Friday, February 13, 2015

Papertrey blue ombre challenge

I am finally getting a chance to join in the festivities celebrating Papertrey's anniversary.  One of the challenges is all about blue ombre.  I made a stenciled card with various shades of blue embossing paste that I mixed up but it wasn't dry to play with yet so I'll just add it to this post when I finish the card.  Here is a clean and simple ombre card in the meantime.

I stamped an ombre design of progressively darker Fresh pigment inks using a Live Love Life stamp and then die cut 'forever' with a Wonderful Words die.
I added the die cut to a cream linen card base and added the Live>Love>Life stamp using Fresh ink in Turquoise triple stamping it to make it darker.
This will be a great simple easily mailable card - always a plus, right?  Usually I have foam dots or something to add layers but I kept it CAS.
You can really see the linen pattern on the card base - a great basic staple that adds just a little something extra to simple cards.


1 comment:

Jill Norwood said...

Love the look of the linen card base! This adds so much interest to your CAS design!