Thursday, February 7, 2013

Clean and Simple II - more masking from day 2

 So I tried the double masking from the other day over at the online class Clean and Simple II.  This is inspiring me to make cards in different ways and try some techniques for the first time and revisit others that I haven't done in a while. 
 I masked using an Angled Labels die (PTI) to make a mask from Eclipse paper and then sponged over some pale blue ink (Fresh sky blue).  I used the reverse of the mask to stamp the Studio Calico grid pattern background stamp using some Fresh slate ink.
Then I stamped Edward's name using Alpha Dots from Paper Smooches to personalize the card for little E who is a new arrival to one of my colleagues.  I used a Fiskars Baby Boy set for 'baby' and stamped it all using the nice and dark ink ( Versafine Black Onyx).
I used some stamps from the Fiskars set on the inside of the card with Versafine Black Onyx and Fresh red currant.

I like making my cards as personalized as possible and what is more personal than the baby's name itself! :)

Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx; Fresh sky blue, red currant, slate
Stamps: Fiskars Baby Boy, Paper Smooches Alpha Dot, Studio Calico grid pattern background stamp
Misc: Eclipse masking paper


No comments: