Sunday, February 3, 2013

Clean and Simple: Day 3 Stamping Techniques (offset stamping)

Offset stamping looks really cool ... so for my first card, I sort of used the technique as a jumping off point.
And I have always loved when the talented Maile Belles and others do a popped up panel on a card base with only a portion cut off the side.  So I decided to try both of these on a card.  I found this cool wood tape that was in the home hardware section of a Daiso Japanese dollar store (if you can find one, go because they have the coolest things!!).  It is actually wood repair tape and I thought it would be a fun thing to use like washi tape.
I added a strip along the edge and then cut the card front down so the wood tape could peek through.  I stamped the feather from  Studio Calico Snap On in Fresh birch and chocolate and added the sentiment from Hero Arts Everyday Greetings with Memento Espresso Truffle.
To add a bit more interest, I impressed the front panel with my trusty PTI linen impression plate - this is a great choice as it is subtle but adds a little texture.
I popped the front panel up on foam dots and congratulated myself on finding something so useful at the dollar store!  Who knew?!
Since this one was not *really* offset stamping, I made a few more actually using the technique properly.
I used the dotted cloud from WPlus9's Heartfelt Mix and stamped it in Fresh silver lilac and provincial grey and then the sentiment using Paper Smooches Alpha Dots and PTI's BB Polka Dots.  Fresh ink's steel blue and sky blue for the sentiment and dots for a little extra colour.
Since this was a simple one layer card, I used PTI's linen impression plate yet again ...
My next card was made after the sun went down so I apologize for the dark pictures .... I used PTI's Turning a New Leaf using Fresh ink's pear and tuscan olive using the offset stamping.
I added a Smokey Shadow double ended banner die cut and used my new Studio Calico wood veneer letters for the sentiment.


Supplies:
thinking of you 
Paper: Staples 110lb white
Stamps: Studio Calico Snap On, Hero Arts Everyday Greetings
Ink: Fresh ink - birch, chocolate; Memento Espresso Truffle
Misc:  foam dots, Daiso wood tape, PTI linen impression plate

what's up
Paper: Staples 110lb white
Stamps: WPlus9 Heartfelt Mix, PTI Polka Dot basics, Paper Smooches Alpha Dots
Ink: Fresh ink (silver lilac, provincial grey, steel blue, sky blue)
Misc: PTI linen impression plate

hi
Paper: Staples 110lb white, PTI Smokey Shadow
Stamps: PTI Turning a new leaf
Ink: Fresh ink (pear, tuscan olive)
Misc: Studio Calico wood veneer letters, PTI Double Ended Banners die, PTI linen impression plate


No comments: