Thursday, February 20, 2014

Make it Monday - Velveteen Stamping: thinking of you

The fabulous Heather over at Papertrey shared the technique of velveteen stamping - layering darker inks over white stamped backgrounds.  Here is my attempt:

I used Papertrey's Background Basics Newsprint on the background using Colorbox Frost White - a great white ink that is nice and crisp on dark card stock (not that you can see that here!).  I then layered Fresh Pear inked Turning a New Leaf all over the cardbase.
It doesn't look like the Think Big sentiment is that dark but in person, it does stand out quite a bit more ... I am definitely no photographer! :)
The newsprint looks really cool in person - love this technique!  I first saw it on another blog a while back and was impressed that such a thing was possible.  Thank you, PTI, for reminding me of it!!

So, have you tried it yet?  Share your creations below! :)

----
If you are in need of some crafty supplies, check out my sale page here.

Supplies:
Paper: Recollections 110lb white
Stamps: PTI  Turning a New Leaf, BB: Newsprint, Think Big (sentiment)
Inks:  Colorbox Frost White, Fresh Pear and Navy

No comments: