Saturday, August 24, 2013

SAF 2013: Rolled Dough Designs

I picked up some Delight Paper Clay after going out for dinner last night to try today's technique using this product.  It is fast drying and super light which makes it perfect for cards.  I was going to use my Damask Snowflake die to make an ornament but went in a totally different direction.
I used the lower case alpha dies to die cut an 'x' for my nephew, Xavier.  I stamped it with the herringbone pattern from the Mat Stack collection 
I added it to a Mat Stack stamped die cut using Fresh Turquoise ink and an Enchanted Evening mat.  I put on some foam dots adhered behind before adhering it to a Staples grey card stock base that I impressed with the Herringbone impression plate.  Love the texture that adds!         
I stamped an envelope with some trucks and cards from a baby boy Fiskars set - he just adores any mode of transport whether it be trains, trucks, vans .... you name it, he loves it! :-)     

My next card up is a birthday card using some more paper clay.  For this one, I die cut a Notched Flower which I stamped with the BB: Newsprint stamps in French Lavender Fresh ink.
I matted a piece of PTI patterned paper (a purple graph background) to my Staples grey card base and added a Double Ended Banner die cut in Smokey Shadow.
I added a Wonderful Words: Birthday die cut using cork and stamped a coordinating envelope with Modern Wood Mats - such a stylish set!!

I also made a card for my cousin - she loves pastel colours so I went with a muted hues:
I used a piece of Studio Calico's Snippets 6x6 paper pad - love those polka dots!  I adhered that to my card base and then added some silver twine and a woodgrain embossed Beautiful Blooms II die cut in Aqua Mist.  I added my ubiquitous foam dots to the die cut before adding the Postmarks stamped 'k' to the front.
So what have you created with paper clay?  Share your links and tips below! :)

-------
If you are looking for some crafty supplies, check out my sale page here to see if anything catches your eye.  I've got grid journaling cards, an impression plate and some stamps! 
------
Supplies:
'x' is for Xavier
Paper: PTI Enchanted Evening, Staples grey
Ink: Fresh Sky Blue, Turquoise
Stamps: PTI Mat Stack collection
Misc: Delight paper clay; PTI Herringbone impression plate, lower case alpha die, mat stack and layerz, foam dots

birthday
Paper: Staples grey, PTI patterned graph paper

Ink: Fresh French Lavender
Stamps: PTI BB: Newsprint
Misc: Delight paper clay, cork; PTI notched flower die, PTI double ended banner die, PTI Wonderful Words: birthday die; foam dots

'k' is not for cousin
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist, Studio Calico Snippets 6x6 paper pad
Ink: Fresh Fuschia
Stamps: PTI BB: Postmarks
Misc: Delight paper clay; PTI Woodgrain impression plate, lower case alpha die, foam dots, silver twine

1 comment:

Danielle Flanders said...

Love the notched flower with the stamping! Thanks for playing along!