Sunday, August 25, 2013

PTI August Blog Hop + SAF2013: homemade mists

I combined Papertrey's Blog Hop inspiration colours and sketch with the homemade mists from Stamp-A-Faire 2013.  I made a pale purple mist using Fresh Silver Lilac ink combined with water and Perfect Pearls in Pearl.  The resuts were a shimmery lavender mist. 
+
So here's my card using all the elements:
I used the Circles cover plate as a mask and misted a white piece of card stock.  This was a lot of fun - I am definitely going to be making some more mists!! 

I then cut out a circle and added some Mini Blooms and leaves stamped with Versafine Black Onyx.  I added the Botanical Silhouettes sentiment using Navy ink from Fresh as my Enchanted Evening.
 Here's a close up with the misted layer - in person it has a gorgeous sheen to it.
The shot above also shows all the foam dots I used to pop up the circle and then the flowers and leaves.  Lots of dimension for this card.
-------
If you are looking for some crafty supplies, check out my sale page here to see if anything catches your eye.  I've got grid journaling cards, an impression plate and some stamps!  

Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white, Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening, Plum Pudding, Royal Velvet, Simply Chartreuse
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Fresh Navy
Stamps: PTI Botanical Silhouettes, Mini Blooms
Misc: Perfect Pearls in Pearl, water, Fresh Silver Lilac reinker, foam dots

No comments: