Thursday, July 25, 2013

Papertrey July Blog Hop - colour combo challenge: fruits of summer #5

Here is another Papertrey blog hop colour combo - yum!  A very citrusy array of tones:
This one is pretty straight forward with some layering of inks with Rosie Posie and Rosie Posie step 2 (Fresh harvest and mango).
 I added the sentiment with multiple inking using fuschia and merlot:
The sentiment is from PTI's Mini Blooms set.  Love the combo of sentiments!!  I decided it needed a little more oomph so I used my canvas impression plate - love the texture it adds.

For my next card, I did some splattering of inks here on this card which is definitely NOT my usual style!  I took a Project Life grid card (I'm selling some extras here) and misted it with Mister Huey's spray.
I added a sentiment in Fresh mango ink and three circles in hibiscus burst, scarlet jewel and melon berry.
Some splatters on the card base and a popped up grid card and that's it!

Do you need some journaling cards for your scrapbooking or stamps or impression plates?  Check out my sale page here for more details.

Happy hopping!  I love these colour challenges because they really get me to step out of my comfort zone and try combinations I might never usually reach for.  I always make a bunch of cards to see what I can do ... how about you?  Do you have difficulty with colour combos or are sketches more challenging?  How about inspiration pictures?

2 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Cara all your blog hop cards are fabulous, you were busy!

Kathy Mc said...

Isn't it fun once in a while to jump out of your comfort zone? These are very cool designs though, Cara!