Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happy Holidays

I took a break from marking and report cards to make some more holiday cards.  I figure if I slowly make them, I will have a large stash to pull from when I need them.  I am not into mass producing as I get too bored so would rather make one or two of each design.
I can't seem to stop using Lovely Layers ... sorry if you are getting bored of seeing it! :) 

I cut the layers out using vellum and debossed them with the Diamond impression plate.  I want them easily mailable so I didn't use my usual foam dots but rather layered them with a rhinestone.  I stamped the Think Big sentiment and debossed with the Text impression plate.  This adds dimension without bulk.

Ok, time for card number two! 
For my next card, I decided to continue to try and use up some patterned paper.  This is from an old pack from Memory Box that I bought FOREVER ago.  I mounted it on a green card base from Paper Source - a 5 x 7 card base, actually.  I made a card similar to this one that I blogged about here:
I again used Faux Ribbon and stamped two different lines.  Then I used a sentiment from the same set and stamped it in Fresh! red currant.  I learned from experience to NOT use dye inks unless you think the bleeding ink is the effect you want ... :)
I took one of the gorgeous Studio Calico wood veneer banners to stamp the sentiment.  Aren't they cute?

 How is your holiday stash of cards coming along?  Any farther?

Supplies:
Happy Holidays
Paper: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Garner vellum
Stamps: PTI Think Big sentiment
Ink: Fresh! steel blue
Misc: rhinestone, PTI Diamond and Text impression plates






Holiday Wishes
Paper: Paper Source green card base, Memory Box patterned paper
Ink: Fresh! red currant
Stamps: PTI Faux Ribbon
Misc: Studio Calico wood veneer banner
 

3 comments:

Jennifer K said...

Just love that text impression plate. It adds just that little something to the card that takes it from "nice" to "wow".

Karen C. said...

The banners are so cute!! Love the simple but festive look on the red patterned paper.

nancy said...

Lovely Layers is so beautiful that no one could ever tire of it. I really like how it looks as embossed vellum, something I'll need to try.