Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunshine Fund creations

I am in charge of creating cards for the Sunshine Fund at our school - when people go through life's ups and downs, we send a card and gift.  Now that it is the end of the school year, there are quite a few to make.

For my first card, it had to be a masculine one.  I, like many, always struggle making more masculine creations but I did my best:
I stamped Turning a New Leaf in Fresh pear ink all over a piece of Enchanted Evening ink.  Then I took an embossed (not sure which?) angled label and stamped the Faux Ribbon sentiment in Vintage Cream ink.  I even stamped the frame in some Jenni Bowlin fountain pen ink.  I used some foam dots and mounted it on a kraft card base.
My next one was also masculine for a Math teacher ... so I used the Numbers impression plate inked up with Vintage Cream ink.
I had to keep this one flat so that lots of people can sign it on both sides of the inside so I just used some scor tape to adhere each layer.  It really goes against my instincts not to pop up the layers! :)
I used another sentiment from Faux Ribbon - this set has some really great sentiments!  I stamped it on a piece of textured kraft with some Jenni Bowlin fountain pen ink.  I think it's masculine enough for its recipient.

Okay, the next one is more girly, that's for sure!! I took my new Studio Calico Take Note 6x6 pad
and used it as a main panel.  I love the papers in this pack!! Take a look:
I then stamped a Rosie Posie flower and a Think Big Sentiment.  I used some of the opaque Fresh inks (steel blue and navy) to give it an interesting look:
It's mounted on a piece of Aqua Mist which really matches the patterned paper well.  I added some Rock Candy Stickles on the top part of the flower but this is hard to capture on film:
A little corner rounding and that's it! 

For my next one, we have a colleague having a baby this summer.  So I took my new Studio Calico/Hero Arts Starburst Cling Stamp and stamped it as a background.  This is a really cool stamp and I am excited about the possibilites with it.  I can see it looking really cool as an embossed background.
I didn't perfectly ink up the stamp to give it a more distressed look.  I used some Fresh harvest ink and then stamped the sky blue over top using an elephant stamp from an Inkadinkado set.

I used a cute sentiment from Everyday Button Bits stamped in Fresh navy.

My final card is for a wedding happening this summer.  I have always been enamoured with Maile Belles' great style and was so excited to buy her Gracious Vases set.  It is so elegant and beautiful.  I decided to use this for my wedding card.
I used Ocean Tides as a backdrop and stamped the vase in Jenni Bowlin black and then the orchids and sentiment in Vintage Cream.  I used some glitter pens to colour in the flowers.  I ran the whole thing through my Big Kick with the linen impression plate.  Love the extra detail that gives!

So now I have to take all these cards to work and get people to sign them in preparation for our Sunshine Breakfast.  Gotta get going on buying the gifts too! :)

Supplies:
Thanks with appreciation
Paper: PTI Kraft, Enchanted Evening, Smoky Shadow
Stamps: Faux Ribbon, Angled Labels, Turning a New Leaf
Ink: Fresh pear, Vintage Cream, Jenni Bowlin fountain pen
Misc: PTI Angled Labels die, foam dots

Wishing you well - masculine
Paper: PTI Kraft, Gina K dark chocolate
Stamps: PTI Faux Ribbon
Ink: PTI Vintage Cream, Jenni Bowlin fountain pen
Misc: PTI Numbers impression plate

Wishing you well - feminine 
Paper: Studio Calico Take Note 6x6 pad, PTI Aqua Mist
Stamps: PTI Rosie Posie, Think Big Favorites
Ink: Fresh steel blue, navy
Misc: Rock Candy stickles

Everything grows with love
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist
Stamps: Studio Calico/Hero Arts Starburst Cling Stamp, Inkadinkado It's a Boy, PTI Everyday Button Bits (sentiment)

Ink: Fresh harvest, sky blue, navy
Misc:  foam dots

Wedded Bliss
Paper: PTI Ocean Tides
Stamps: PTI Gracious Vases
Ink: PTI Vintage Cream, Jenni Bowlin fountain pen
Misc: glitter pens, PTI Linen impression plate

No comments: