Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pretty in Pink and another bordered sentiments attempt

I've got another card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge, Pretty in Pink.  Why don't you play along too?  You could win a $20 gift certificate here:
I do not usually gravitate towards pink but this is a fun way for me to stretch my creative muscles ... that is, if I have any! :)

My mom gave me some paint chips from Sherwin Williams that she got and I took a bunch of the pink ones to use for this challenge.  I used my Happy Trails die to cut out the butterflies.  I popped them up on foam dots and then stamped the Fillable Frames sentiment in Jenni Bowlin fountain pen ink.  Super simple.
 
My next card combined the Make it Monday challenge (Bordered Sentiments) from Papertrey Ink and some pink shades for CAS-ual Fridays.
I stamped BB: Newsprint in Versamagic Pixie Dust and then layered Embellishments' swirls in Jenni Bowlin chewing gum over top.
I used Sassafras Stitchery for some faux stitching as my border and Hero Arts Made with Love for the sentiment.  I love these sentiments because they're nice and big, just like PTI's Think Big series.

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Vintage White, Sherwin Williams paint chips
Ink:  Jenni Bowlin fountain pen
Stamps: PTI Fillable Frames
Misc: foam dots, PTI Happy Trails die (butterfly) 
Paper: PTI Vintage White
Inks: Fresh Inks slate, Versamagic Pixie Dust, Jenni Bowlin chewing gum
Stamps: PTI BB: Newsprint, Embellishments; Hero Arts Made with Love
; Sassafras Stitchery
Misc: Eclipse masking paper

 
 



9 comments:

Joannie said...

I love that one with the stitches - so cute!!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Both good, but I love the second! That touch of glitter to the versa mark, mixed with the newsprint and then the pink~ fabulous!

Unknown said...

love the second card ~ great stamp set

Viv said...

Great cards, well done :) Viv xx

sandie said...

love the pink butterfly card-you make CAS looks so easy!

Jenny said...

These are both terrific cards, paint chips are such a great material to use for die-cutting....love the CAS design.
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASual Fridays this week :0)
Jenny x

Unknown said...

Very pretty and elegant cards, Cara! I love the Thinking of you card a lot. The butterfly card is perfect CAS. Thanks for playing with us @ CAS-ual Fridays!

Stephanie Washburn said...

Your cards are beautiful! SO smart to use paint chips- those butterflies look awesome! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays! :)

patscrap said...

Ces cartes sont parfaites ! J'adore les papillons et la couleur rose de la première. J'aime beaucoup la seconde pour le joli background. Merci pour ton petit mot chez moi !