Sunday, April 3, 2011

PTI's Make it Monday - Ink Blending

Here is my submission to this week's Make it Monday over at Papertrey Ink.  This week, the focus is on ink blending techniques.  I had bought the Ranger blending tool but bought the felt version which is supposed to be for alchohol inks.  I made do although it was a lot harder to do ... However, I have now invested in the foam version so the next time I need to do some blending, I will use the foam pads.

I stamped a background of the Hero Arts Envelope Pattern stamp and then a flourish from PTI's Fancy Flourish set.  I used a mix of Distress Ink - Faded China, Peeled Paint and Weathered Wood for blending and then stamped the Think Big sentiment from PTI with Versafine black onyx inkpad  and added some Faded China Stickles for good measure.

Supplies:
Paper: Staples white 110lb
Ink: Versafine black onyx inkpadDistress Ink (faded china, peeled paint, weathered wood)
Stamps:  Hero Arts Envelope Pattern stamp, PTI's Fancy Flourish, PTI's Think Big Sentiments #1
Tools/Misc: Faded China Stickles, Ranger Foam Blending Tool and foam pads (am listing this one since it's the correct one!)

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Ooh - I really like the colors here!

Stephanie said...

Lovely card! I love the big sentiment and that little bit of bling is just perfectly placed!