Saturday, August 29, 2015

Stamp-A-Faire 2015 - Bridal Challenge: monochromatic white on white


The team over at Papertrey Ink have worked hard to create a day of crafting challenges and inspiration.  The first was a bridal challenge using white supplies. I loved the idea of a monochromatic card and kept mine super simple.
I took the Twist cover plate and embossed the background of a 110lb white piece of Recollections card stock.  I then die cut 'love' using one of the Wet Paint dies four times and layered them one on top of each other for dimension.  
I temporarily glued this to a piece of scrap paper and added Glossy Accents and then a healthy sprinkling of Ranger Rock Candy glitter.  

I decided to try another technique using some Versamark ink and Perfect Pearls powder in the shimmery silvery colour Perfect Pearl.  Confusing, right? ;)
I repeatedly stamped one of the vases from Gracious Vases and then added the powder over top. (You'll notice they're not even since I couldn't see where I was stamping due to the clear nature of the ink ... let's just pretend that I did it that way on purpose!)  I cut a strip of striped vellum and adhered a white Circle Scribbles die cut over top ... super simple and monochromatic.
Above you can see a peek of the inside of the card - I used Betsy Veldman's trick of an added pop of colour with a aqua mist card base.  Love this idea but always forget about it!
 I love the shimmer of Perfect Pearls but it is so hard to capture, especially when the sun is not out!  We have needed rain for a while on the West Coast due to the drought and forest fires but it is not ideal for good pictures with lots of natural light! :)
So what have you created so far?  Are you enjoying the festivities?
-------------------
If you have a moment, check out my gently used item sale *here*.  I have stamps, ink pads and other things too ...

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Great cards! I especially love the Twist cover plate and the dimension of the layered love word.