Saturday, May 24, 2014

PTI Blog Hop - Aqua/Melon: with sympathy

This month's blog hop over at Papertrey Ink is all about this gorgeous colour combination:
I had to make a sympathy card earlier this week for a dear friend and decided to use these colours as my inspiration.
I used one of my beloved sets, Natural Beauties, to stamp the flowers with Fresh Pool ink all over the card panel.  I removed a section and used that space to stamp a Fillable Frames sentiment using Fresh Peach ink.
I covered the panels with lots and lots of foam dots and adhered it to the card base to add some dimension.
I quite like the look of the flowers without all the layers - the graphic is a little more airy and light ... Next time I do a card with a panel cut out, I will make sure to cut it lower (or higher) ... I didn't really mean to centre it but that's how it turned out ... alas! :)

Check out my crafty sale if you like:
http://cardsbycara.blogspot.ca/2013/06/crafty-sale.html
I also have some Project Life cards from the Midnight collection as well.

Supplies:
Paper: Recollections 110lb white
Stamps: PTI Natural Beauties, Fillable Frames
Ink: Fresh Pool and Peach
Misc: foam dots

No comments: