Sunday, September 29, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday - Flocked Backgrounds with Dimensional Paste


This week over at Papertrey, the fabulously talented Danielle Flanders took us through the process of making a flocked background with dimensional paste for a Make it Monday.  I didn't have any and couldn't find my gesso so tried with clear silicone and pigment reinkers .... seems crazy but it actually made a rather cool background!!
I used the circle cover plate and attached it with some washi tape to a piece of Aqua Mist card stock.  I mixed some silicone with Fresh Silver Lilac reinker and swiped it using an old paint chip.  I then mixed some Fresh Steel Blue reinker and swiped that along as well.  I let it dry and cut the word using a Wonderful Words die, being careful to keep the inside of the e and o to reattach.

Here's a closeup of the texture:
I kinda like the imperfection!! Later on in the week I found my gesso and made some more backgrounds.  This one also used the circle cover plate and I stamped the Mini Blooms sentiment in Fresh Steel Blue ink before adding a Distress Marker inked (Broken China) Pink Paislee die cut that I added Rock Candy glitter to using Glossy Accents.
I cut the flocked background in strips and adhered some flat and popped some up with foam dots.
My next card used the Chevron cover plate and some more gesso:
I took a leftover silver banner that I had cut using Bountiful Banners and inked up the sentiment from Mini Blooms.  I stamped a whole bunch of flowers and leaves using Fresh ink (Steel Blue, Silver Lilac, Turquoise, Pear and Tuscan Olive).  I attached the banner and flowers and leaves using foam dots and layered them.
I really like the look of flocked backgrounds and will definitely be experimenting more with this ...
-------------
If you are looking for some crafty supplies, check out my sale page here to see if anything catches your eye.  I've got grid journaling cards, an impression plate and some stamps!


2 comments:

Linda Nicholson said...

I love purple, so all three of these caught my eye. I really love the last one though! Love those chevrons along with those mini bloom flowers.

Linda

Danielle Flanders said...

These turned out so great! My favorite is the last one!