Saturday, May 4, 2013

His and Hers Online Class Day Five: Love you so much

For this card, I wanted to try out the new Quick Stitch sentiment dies from Papertrey - I don't think I'm going to use them much for stitching but I like the look of them embossed into the card stock with the negative space showing through.
I added a piece of navy shimmer card stock behind the Hawaiian Shores card panel and added the anchor from Bountiful Banners and the sentiment from the same set ('you') and Mini Blooms ('so much') using Fresh Navy ink.
I decided the card base needed some texture so I dry embossed it with the Houndstooth impression plate.  Love those plates! ;)

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Staples 110lb white, navy shimmer card stock
Stamps: PTI Bountiful Banners, Mini Blooms
Ink: Fresh navy
Misc: PTI Houndstooth impression plate, Quick Stitch sentiment die ('love')

1 comment:

Taheerah said...

Very cool Cara! Love the graphic nature and the little nod to the nautical theme too!

Thanks for the question left on my blog - would be happy to do that with the colours that I have once I have the chance! I love those embossing powders so much! :-)