Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a {Red and White} Christmas Challenge - Quatrefoil

Here's another challenge for the red and white challenge ... more of a merlot shade (scarlet jewel) but still in the red tones, right?  Tried to keep it less bulky for my international friends as I want to make sure each creation arrives in one piece!


I used my newly acquired quatrefoil cover plate from PTI and cut it out with some anaglypta textured wallpaper. I got it from a free book of papers I got from a paint store.  Score, right?!  I then glued it down with Tombo Mono Multi adhesive onto a Scarlet Jewel card base.  I die cut out an angled labels window and then cut another angled labels in white card stock.  I took the negative and cut a slim border to create a frame for the window and make it stand out a bit more.   I adhered acetate to the inside and then stamped the sentiment in Colorbox Frost White Ink.  I was inspired by this post on a super talented crafter's website.

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Scarlet Jewel, Staples 110lb, anaglypta wallpaper
Stamps: Technique Tuesday sentiment
Ink: Colorbox Frost White Ink
Misc: PTI Quatrefoil cover plate, angled label dies, Tombo Mono Multi, acetate


4 comments:

Joyce said...

This looks wonderful. I really like it with that angled label die.

carol (krillsister) said...

very pretty. The card looks "peaceful'.

From the Corner... said...

Very pretty card Cara. Love that quatrefoil over the red ...its very striking. And the angled label looks perfect with it.

Aimes said...

Scarlet Jewel definitely adds a touch of elegance to your colour scheme (totally within the realms of red and white btw!) What a neat design for international postage :)
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey again!
Hugs,
Aimes
x