Monday, September 12, 2011

Make it Monday - Stamping with Acrylic Paint

I was so inspired by the fabulous video this week from Papertrey on stamping with paint.  I went through my stash and found some gold paint and grabbed a makeup sponge.  My new set Harvest Berries was perfect for this.  I love the combination of Ocean Tides and gold.  Yum!

 I used the Harvest Berries die for some dark chocolate and gold texture and overlaid a Fillable Frames #4 die cut with some foam dots.  I found the perfect sentiment from Modern Wood Mats and made sure to edge the frame and ocean tides cardstock cover with the gold as well.
I think somehow the colour combination reminds me of Tiffany with the gold and turquoise, although it's usually lighter.  Canada used to have a gorgeous home decor store that was an offshoot of Club Monaco called Caban that always used the turquoise and chocolate brown combo .. love it!
I think this shot might show the amazing shine better.  Hard to capture on camera, especially at 10:30 at night! :)  Ah, well ... you get the idea!
Supplies all PTI unless noted:
Paper: Ocean Tides, Chocolate, white card base
Stamps: Harvest Berries, Modern Wood Mats' sentiment
Ink: gold paint (Plaid)
Misc: Harvest Berries and Fillable Frames #4 dies, foam dots

6 comments:

Marybeth said...

Sooo pretty!

Carla Cabrera said...

Very Pretty. The Gold does look nice against the Ocean Tides.

Suzanne Russell said...

I really love the colors and the gold embossing! Very pretty card!

Sonia said...

Superb color combo, and simply brilliant to use metallic paint!!

Karen said...

Wow!! How cool does that metalic paint look! Just love this card Cara - great job!

Karen
x

Anonymous said...

I'm lovng the gold and turquoise together, so very elegant!