I love the look of acetate cards but couldn't figure out how to hide the adhesive and make it look finished. After some searching online for tips, here's what I learned:
The front should have a smaller layer, attached with glue dots (my fave!) and then a mat on the inside of the card with the glue dots hidden by the front layer. (You could also use pop dots for some dimension on the front layer.) A simple background stamped in Staz-On works well and I have also used Brilliance inks for a more pearlescent finish. I have also experimented with photocopying backgrounds on the acetate.
I did a dark chocolate mat impressed with the Woodgrain Impressions plate from PTI. Then Giga Guidlines impressed layer on the inside to write on that is larger than the chocolate layer for a larger mat when the card is closed.
Here's another one I did for Christmas:
I used a PTI fillable frame with an Impress Rubber Stamps tree, a full card inside attached only behind the fillable frame. I photocopied the background pattern to keep it simple. Some stickles and voilà!
Stamps: Michaels' $ baby stamp
Inks: Staz-On, Distress Inks
Paper: Acetate, turquoise, chocolate, Hero Arts layering paper
Misc: PTI fillable frame, Giga Guidlines and Woodgrain PTI impression plates, glue dots
Stamps: Impress Rubber Stamps tree
Paper: Acetate, Mocha layering paper, Pine card
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx
Misc: PTI fillable frame, Stickles, glue dots