Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Flocking ...


I know, what does that mean, right?! Well, I am looking forward to trying it out on cards ... it is almost like a crushed velvet embossing process. Here's what one of my favourite websites says (that's where I got this picture from):

Use pigment ink to stamp your image. Powder your wet stamped image with sticky powder and heat until shiny. Do not overheat! Spoon flocking over yo
ur warm sticky design and press down with fingers before you pour off extra flocking. Heat again to harden off the powder.

Can't wait for my package of sticky stuff and flocking powder to arrive! Here are the powders I ordered:

Have any of you tried this technique? Any tips?

7 comments:

jeanne said...

ooh! how cool! i wanna try that. let us know how it works out.

Louise F NZ said...

Cool Cara, can't wait to see what you create.

Tenia Nelson said...

How cool is this!!! tfs!!
-t

Jan said...

Thanks Cara, I've always wanted to know how to use this stuff. Can't wait to see what you create with it!

Valerie said...

What is "sticky powder"?

cards by cara said...

Sticky powder looks a bit like embossing powder. You shake it on the ink, shake of the excess, heat it up and then shake on glitter or flocking powder. It makes the surface sticky. It's really cool! I got mine here:

http://www.impressrubberstamps.com

Dragana Skoro said...

I just got some flock for myself. Haven't tried it yet though. Let us know how it goes.