Sunday, April 14, 2013

Papertrey Make it Monday #111: Watercoloring Embossed Images - enjoy your day

Here is another of my attempts for this week's Make it Monday - watercolouring embossed images. 
I love Zing embossing powder - the colours are so vibrant and varied!  I have aqua and brown sugar and the aqua one REALLY pops on kraft card stock.  I used a variety of Distress inks to colour the flowers with an aqua pen. (Weathered Wood, Broken China and Dusty Concord)
I added a sentiment stamped in Versafine Black Onyx onto a piece of faux washi tape ...Faux washi tape, you ask? 



You'll never guess what I used ...




think first aid supplies ...  




any ideas yet?




yes? no?



ok, I'll tell you ...




...... medical tape! :-) Crazy, right?  But it's wider than most washi tapes and has the perfect amount of translucency for the pattern to still show through from behind.

Here's a better shot showing how it looks:
If I wanted a darker black to show on the tape, I would've used StazOn but wanted it to blend in a bit.

The card base of Kraft was impressed with the Simple Stripes impression plate from PTI - love the simple detail it adds.  A little sprinkling of foam dots behind the front panel and the card is complete!

So, what non crafting supplies have you used for your crafting?  Any fun tips to add in the comments to share with all of us?  If you want to see my use of drywall tape on a card, check out this post.

Supplies:
Paper:  PTI Kraft
Stamps: PTI Delightful Dahlia, Mini Blooms
Ink: Versamark, Versafine Black Onyx
Misc: Zing embossing powder, medical tape, foam dots

2 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

You know I'm going into my first aid kit to scope out the tape! Another gorgeous, creative card!

Kathryn A said...

Very cool idea! And I'm going to have to try that aqua powder on Kraft--it's gorgeous!