Sunday, April 28, 2013

Festive Friday challenge - bird as element: Christmas Wishes

The wonderful Meredith MacRitchie has challenged us to use a bird in our design for any holiday project.  I decided to take some  new products that I recently got and get to creating!
I bought the Love Birds set from someone second hand because those birds are just so cute!  I stamped them repeatedly in Fuchsia ink from Fresh on two imaginary lines and then added the Sew Simple border in Chocolate ink above and below.
I finished the card off with a sentiment from Happy Day in Tuscan Olive ink.  This is a very simple one layer card, perfect for mailing!  I held back from adding any bling or extra 'doodads' ...

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Rustic Cream
Stamps: PTI Love Birds, Sew Simple, Happy Day
Ink: Fresh Tuscan Olive, Chocolate, Fuchsia

3 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh my gosh, you've been so busy!!! I am excited!

I love the row of birds, and how you kind of staggered them... this looks so cute!!

Geri said...

Oh, my...I almost forgot about that Love Birds set for this challenge! Great idea! Love the colors you've used here! Sweet card! Thanks for joining us!!!

Ardyth said...

OK, I'm coming at these backwards, so this is the third card I've seen from you - you are the Festive Friday queen! I love the unexpectedness of the pink used on this homey card - the 'stitching' is a perfect border! Thanks for playing along with us at Festive Friday!