Tuesday, April 30, 2013

His and Hers Online Class: Day Two - happy birthday

On day two of the online card class there were several amazing videos.  I really enjoyed Cristina Kowalczyk's video on colouring vellum.  She makes the most beautiful cards and it was great to see her in action!
I coloured vellum using some Distress Markers since I don't have any Copics - gasp, I know!  I then used my Hexagon cover plate from Paperrey to cut out a bunch of hexagons.  I ended up choosing quite a few that had two colours side by side as I quite liked the look.
I adhered them with my Tombo snail glue and the adhesive acutally didn't show through at all which was great but I still wanted to add some bling so took some Ellen Hutson sequins and layered them over with Glossy Accents before stamping the Think Big sentiment in StazOn Jet Black.

Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white, Gartner's vellum
Ink: StazOn Jet Black 
Stamps: PTI Think Big sentiment
Misc: Ellen Hutson sequins 

2 comments:

Ashley M said...

Simple and beautiful!

Heidi H said...

I really like the hexagons - I puzzled over how to make yesterday's techniques, "my own," and it never occurred to me to try different shapes. Super cute card.