Saturday, August 26, 2017

Stamp-a-faire 2017 - Day one

Over at Papertrey Ink, the inspiration is flowing from all the amazing artists!
I started out using the colours and inspiration pictures to create some cards for the Take 10 challenge.
 Here is my first choice:
1 inspiration
I use a lot of turquoise and teal but rarely the yellowy orange shade so thought I would go out of my comfort zone.  That is why I like these kinds of challenges - they really push me!
 I did not love the layout I created for the butterflies but will still post .. I did some ombre stamping of the middle butterfly for a varied look of inking.
But then, after I finished the images I couldn't figure out where to put the sentiment!! Awkward placement perhaps, but ah well ...

Next I took a Soft Stone card base and used the same ink colours for a different look with Bold Bouquet.



 A bit of foam sheet and sentiment and that's it! :)
2 inspiration
inspiration source: Sostrene Grene
For this black and white combo, I immediately thought of my PTI patterned paper. I love the linen texture and all the designs!  I popped a striped piece up on a foam sheet and added a Wink of Stella shimmered hello die cut. Super simple but great for a more masculine feel!
I fell in love with this inspiration pic!! I never love my watercolouring attempts but just went with it and let the ink and water move as it wanted to.
3 inspiration
I took two Strathmore watercolour pieces of paper and used my Zig brush markers for colours and a paintbrush.I added a sentiment to each with some Fresh ink pigment (Provincial Grey).
It's hard to tell but I used Tsukineko Shimmer spritz and then blotted some off to add some water droplet effects.  Love the shimmer it adds!!
(mounted with foam sheet onto Enchanted Evening card base)

I got a perfect impression with the sentiments because I restamped multiple times with my trusty MISTI tool.  Otherwise it would not have been such a saturated sentiment on textured watercolour paper!
(mounted with foam sheet onto Soft Stone card base)

I'm looking forward to the rest of the challenges and will be adding some more cards to my stash as the weekend continues.  I have a packed weekend as it is so won't be able to participate in real time but I'll catch up!  
Happy stamping and hopping!

No comments: