Friday, July 20, 2012

Lovely Layers and Best of the best

Well, I finally got a chance to properly use my new Lovely Layers set plus some new goodies I picked up while in San Francisco.
 For my first card, I kept it simple and just used some turquoise and kraft with Jenni Bowlin speckled egg ink on the layers and my new Memento ink for the sentiment from Hero Arts/Basic Grey's Best of the Best stamp set.  Love the slightly distressed stamps in this set!
Here's what the set looks like:
Isn't it a fun set?  I love the alphabet and the banner stamp.  What fun I will have with these!!

I used this same set for the alphabet for my next card:
 We're going to pretend there is a comma there, ok?  I used a camera in wood veneer from Studio Calico and pressed it into a Jenni Bowlin ink pad to change the colour.  I stamped the sentiment from the alpha part of the set (Hero Arts/Basic Grey's Best of the Best) with Jenni Bowlin speckled egg and used the woodgrain impression plate from PTI on the panel. 
I popped the whole front panel up on foam dots and that's it!  I am entering this one into the Runway Inspired challenge:
Fun colour scheme, right?  I don't have a lot of hot pink or fuschia in my stash but I might try and make another card using some Raspberry Fizz from my sampler pack.

Ok, here's another card:
Some more simple stamping with the Lovely Layers set, the dies and sentiment.  A blue button and some button twine and the card is done.  Super simple and still mailable since I didn't use any foam dots since the button is already bulky enough!
So what have you created lately?  Any new supplies in your stash?

Supplies:
 
Paper: Staples 110lb white
Ink: Jenni Bowlin speckled egg ink

Stamps: Hero Arts/Basic Grey's Best of the Best
Misc: Studio Calico camera wood veneer
Paper: Staples 110lb white; PTI Hawaiian Shores, Kraft
Ink: Memento navy, Jenni Bowlin speckled egg ink
Stamps: PTI Lovely Layers, Hero Arts/Basic Grey's Best of the Best
Misc: foam dots





  


Paper: Staples 110lb white; PTI Hawaiian Shores, Kraft
Ink: Jenni Bowlin speckled egg ink
Stamps: PTI Lovely Layers
Misc: button twine, blue button from stash, PTI Lovely Layers dies



2 comments:

Kristen said...

i love how even your application is - this looks like you applied with a ruler! very nice :)

Visiting from RIC Challenge
xo, Kristina
Come by and visit sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I'm loving all of your cards! The cute little camera on your RIC card looks so great against the woodgrain. Thanks for joining us on the Runway!